Download App |
Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by A. Lanunungsang AO (Ed.)
Publisher: Akansha Publishing House
Price (INR):Rs 350.00
Price (USD): $ 8.75
Ageing is a global phenomenon in the sense that it is experienced by all the Societies in all generations and all Countries but its magnitude and manifestations are not the same everywhere. In the modern scientific age with improved Health care, improved Nutrition and improved living Standards people live much longer than expected and thereby there has been an increase in the growth of elderly Population in all societies. As also elsewhere, the population Aged 60+ is increasing rapidly in our Country that it is expected to be 177 million by 2025. This growth in the population of the elderly will certainly change the aspect of life for individual and societies.
With the changing social values, elderly persons are facing many problems-socio-familial, emotional, health, Financial etc. This Book deals with a number of issues pertaining to the aged from a multi-disciplinary approach emphasizing on the status, welfare and problems of the elderly persons particularly in Nagaland and it will be a useful source of information and reference to academicians, scholars and social workers and government agencies alike.
Table of Contents
1. Problem of Old Age People and Social Remedy/Chandrika Singh
2. Constitutional Provisions, Privileges and Benefits of Old Aged Peoples/S.K. Gupta
3. Ageing in Nagaland : A Sociological Study/Visielie
4. Problems of Old Aged and the Need for Care : A Case Study of Mokokuhung Town/A. Lanunungsang
5. Socio - Economic Status of the Aged among the Angami Nagas/Ketshukietuo Dzuvichu
6. The Need for Establishment of Old Aged Home People Support and Prospect and Scope in Naga Society/I. Tongdangba Jamir
7. The Aged People in Dimapur : Problems and Prospects/Mar Atsongchanger
8. Diabetes Mellitus : Problems and Remedies/Pardeshi Lal
9. Active Aging/Dr. P. Medem
10. Valedictory Speech/D. Baruah
11. Recommendations/Prof. A.L. Ao
by Veetam Mani
By Veetam Mani
by P.N. Chopra,Prabha C...
By P.N. Chopra,Prabha C...
by Robert Hendrickson
By Robert Hendrickson
by Mark Schilling
By Mark Schilling
by David Mondey (Ed.)
By David Mondey (Ed.)
by Charles Knight
By Charles Knight
by Leeladhar Sharma
By Leeladhar Sharma
by J.A. Hammerton (Ed.)
By J.A. Hammerton (Ed.)
by Alexander E. Gates,R...
By Alexander E. Gates,R...
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2020 BookVistas.com - All Rights Reserved