Download App |
Refer a Friend |
Item succesfully added to cart
by D.P. Lokwani (Author) & M.B. Agarwal (Frwd)
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Price (INR):Rs 895.00
Price (USD): $ 22.38
Quick Overview This book aims to help the student bridge the gap between the classroom and clinical practice; introducing the automation principles in hematology along with interpretation and deciphering of various parameters like RDW and histograms which carry a lot of encrypted diagnostic information, because eyes can see only those things which brain knows. Although the data of the automated blood count alone will not guarantee a specific diagnosis in every case, nor does every disease have a single pattern of abnormality, rather these values should be used to narrow the differential diagnosis as much as possible, so that more expensive and time requiring, confirmatory battery of expensive investigations like Vitamin B12, folic acid, serum iron, TIBC estimations or Hb electrophoresis, etc. is done only selectively and invasive procedures like bone marrow aspiration and biopsy can be avoided, by proper evaluation of CBC.
Key Features • It is an attempt to explain the interpretation and clinical correlation of various traditional and novel parameters in a complete blood count (CBC) report
• Encompasses the less understood and ignored parameters such as red cell distribution width (RDW) and histogram
• There is a lot of hidden information, of various parameters, those can reveal, because “Eyes can see only those things which brain knows!”
• Useful to the undergraduates, postgraduates and the practicing clinicians of all branches of various medical fraternities alike
• The first ever-detailed document on CBC where so many useful parameters are available with potential information
• Proper interpretation of CBC can be great utility in narrowing the differential diagnosis and aid in avoiding expensive and invasive battery of investigations like bone marrow aspiration and biopsy.
Don't have an account? REGISTER NOW
Please enter your Email Address to retrieve password
© 2008-2020 BookVistas.com - All Rights Reserved