About the book
Market-leading ADVERTISING PROMOTION AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 9E discusses all aspects of marketing communications, from time-honored methods to the newest developments in the field. Comprehensive treatment of the fundamentals focuses on advertising and promotion, including planning, branding, media buying, sales, public relations, and much more. Emerging topics get special attention in this edition, such as the enormous popularity of social media outlets, online and digital practices, viral communications, and personal selling, along with all of their effects on traditional marketing. Revised to make ADVERTISING PROMOTION AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 9E most current I.M.C. text on the market, chapters address must-know changes to environmental, regulatory, and ethical issues, as well as Marcom insights, place-based applications, privacy, global marketing, and of course, memorable advertising campaigns.
• Up-to-Date Material: ADVERTISING PROMOTION AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 9E discusses the latest I.M.C. methods, research, and practices--including social, ethical, regulatory, and international dimensions--to give students a comprehensive picture of I.M.C. today.
• Emerging Practices: I.M.C. coverage would not be complete without discussions of online, mobile, viral, and social media practices and options, making INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS IN ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION, 9E the most current text of its kind.
• Interesting Insights: Chapter-opening features entitled, "Marcom Insights" introduce students to the topics with practical, professional guidance.
• Contemporary Ads: Turning products into household names, campaigns in the readings demonstrate effective advertising, while special "I.M.C. Focus" boxed features draw student attention to a variety of brilliant ads, and illustrate key I.M.C. concepts with real-company situations.
• Global Features: "Global Focus" boxed features enhance the text’s global marketing perspective, and spotlight unique international applications and impacts on I.M.C. campaigns.
• All-New Social Media Coverage: Analyzing the effects of social media on the economy and traditional media, this new chapter broadens student interest in a topic they know well.
• Place-Based Marketing Integration: Mobile phones have given place-based marketing a key spot in I.M.C. today and ADVERTISING PROMOTION AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 9E seamlessly integrates their applications throughout the readings.
• Insightful Privacy Discussions: Embracing the digital age often means trading privacy for progress, and the text asks students to evaluate the ethical and other considerations of doing so.
• New Personal Selling Chapter: ADVERTISING PROMOTION AND OTHER ASPECTS OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, 9E addresses this growing area in sales and marketing, highlighting methods and specific activities for students.
• Expanded Intellectual Property: Ignite classroom discussions about brands as intellectual property, and the potential legal issues to watch out for in business.
able of Contents
PART I: THE PRACTICE AND ENVIRONMENT OF INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (I.M.C.).
1. An Overview of Integrated Marketing Communications.
2. Enhancing Brand Equity and Accountability.
3. Brand Adoption, Brand Naming and Intellectual Property Issues.
4. Environmental, Regulatory and Ethical Issues.
PART II: FUNDAMENTAL I.M.C. PLANNING BACKGROUND AND DECISIONS.
5. Segmentation and Targeting in I.M.C.
6. The Communications Process and Consumer Behavior.
7. The Role of Persuasion in I.M.C.
8. I.M.C. Objective Setting and Budgeting.
PART III: ADVERTISING MANAGEMENT AND NEW MEDIA CHOICES.
9. An Overview of Advertising Management.
10. Effective and Creative Ad Messages.
11. Endorsers and Message Appeals in Advertising.
12. Traditional Ad Media.
13. Online Advertising.
14. Social Media.
15. Direct Advertising and Other Media.
16. Media Planning and Analysis.
17. Measuring Ad Message Effectiveness.
PART IV: SALES PROMOTION MANAGEMENT.
18. Sales Promotion Overview and the Role of Trade Promotion.
19. Consumer Sales Promotion: Sampling and Couponing.
20. Consumer Sales Promotion: Premiums and other Promotions.
PART V: OTHER I.M.C. TOOLS.
21. Public Relations, Buzz Marketing, and Sponsorships.
22. Packaging, POP Communications, and Signage.
23. Personal Selling.